Meal Prep- Southwesterny Sweet Potato Bowl
I was at a bit of a loss as far as what to call this dish. It’s got kale, sweet potato, ground beef, a little cheesy goodness, some spices to warm the soul, and a gorgeous array of vitamins and nutrients...all in one bowl!
I basically call anything with Chili spice and Paprika "Southwestern" so...there ya go!
FYI for this recipe I used pre-cut sweet potato. Dunno if you guys have ever chopped raw sweet potato before, but that stuff is tough! I like to keep things simple (read: I’m a lazy cook), so I paid a little extra for the pre-cut stuff. Of course, you can cut your own if you want to be an overacheiver like that 😉
Southwesterny Sweet Potato Bowl Meal Prep
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: None with pre-cut potato!
Cook Time: 1 hour
170g raw kale greens (I usually buy a 1lb bag )
900g Pre-cut Sweet Potato Chunks
56g Italian Cheese Blend (or whatever cheese you prefer!, I just usually keep Italian on hand anyway)
1lb 93% Lean Ground Beef
2 tablespoons water
1 beef bouillon cube
Cumin, Chili Spice, Paprika, Salt, Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread sweet potato chunks on a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil. Sprinkle with all listed seasonings to taste. Bake for 45 minutes.
3. While potato chunks are baking, heat a few tablespoons of water in a skillet and add beef bouillon cube.
4. Chop kale to desired consistency, add kale to skillet, place lid, and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove kale from skillet and divide into 4 meal prep containers
6. Using same skillet, cook ground beef, drain excess fat, and set aside.
7. When potatoes have finished cooking, divide into 4 meal prep containers.
8. Add 14g cheese and ¼ of cooked beef to each container.
9. Top with additional seasoning to taste.
Nutrition Facts (for ¼ of recipe): 429 kcal, 34g protein, 12g fat, 50g carbohydrates
170g Raw Kale Greens $1
900g Pre-cut Sweet Potato $4.29
56g Italian Cheese Blend $.75
1lb 93% Lean Ground Beef $5.86
Cost Per Serving: $2.98